The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) has set up Joint Seat Allocation Authority’s Registration (JoSAA 2018 Registration) to manage and regulate the join seat allocation for admissions for the academic year 2018. This includes 97 institutes comprising 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 other GRTIs (Other Government Funded Technical Institutes).
This is a single platform through which admission to all the academic programs offered by these institutes will be made.
Candidates who appeared for JEE (Main) 2018/ JEE (Advanced) 2018 must adhere to the following points-
JoSAA Registration 2018
- The 12th Science Gujarat Board Results are out.
- Candidates appeared in JEE (Main) 2018 will be able to register for JoSAA seat allotment 2018 in NIT + system (except IITs).
- Candidates who have appeared JEE (Adv) 2018 and are declared qualified are eligible to register for seat allocation in all the 97 participating institutes.
- Follow the below process for JoSAA Registration 2018 and College Selection Process.
- On the Official website of JoSAA – www.josaa.nic.in, register yourself to fill in your choices. After the registration procedure is completed, candidates can now fill and lock in their selection for colleges & courses. Depending on the JoSAA cut off 2018 and eligibility, candidates will be provided with a list of colleges and courses to select from. With reference to your preferences and rank, a seat will be allotted to the respective candidate. If the candidate does not get the desired collage and, depending on the score wants to wait and give it a second chance, they can simply not do anything and they will be automatically be added into the second round of JoSAA seat allotment 2018. There will be a total of 7 seat allocation rounds. After seat allotment result announcement and seat selection is completed, the applicants will have to report to one of their closest reporting centre for their document verification. Once the verification and payment for the seat acceptance fees has been completed, the candidates can visit the institute allotted to them for confirmation of admission.
Important Instruction for JoSAA 2018
- Candidates are expected to register within the specified time window availed during the registration process. Candidates, who do NOT register within the specified time window frame, will fail to seek admission for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Candidates who fail to fill -in the choices box within the stipulated time window, will fail to seek admission for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Candidates must report twice in case of JoSAA seat allotment 2018 changes from NIT + system to IITs and vice versa.
- Choices once locked, cannot be modified.
- For all the latest updates and other important notification, we encourage you to frequently visit the official site – www.josaa.nic.in.
- The JoSAA login is also from the same site.
JoSAA 2018 Important Dates – Choice Filling, Seat Allocation, Document Verification and Reporting Centre
|Date||Time (IST)||JoSAA Choice Filling and Seat Allocation Event|
|30-Apr-18||Joint Apex Board declares JEE (Main) 2018 Ranks|
|10-Jun-18||Announcement of JEE (Advanced) 2018 Results|
|15-Jun-18||10:00||Candidate’s JoSAA Registration 2018 and Choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA STARTS; Candidates who would write AAT can fill their choices starting from June 18, 2018, after declaration of AAT results|
|19-Jun-18||10:00||Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on June 18, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|24-Jun-18||10:00||Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on June 23, 2018, 17:00 IST|
|25-Jun-18||17:00||Candidate registration and Choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA ENDS|
|26-Jun-18||Reconciliation of data, Seat Allocation, verification and validation|
|27-Jun-18||10:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 1)|
|June 28, 2018 – July 02,
2018 (5 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 1)|
|03-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|17:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 2)|
|July 04 2018 – July 05,
2018 (2 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 2)|
|06-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|17:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 3)|
|July 07, 2018 – July 08,
2018 (2 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 3)|
|09-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|17:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 4)|
|July 10, 2018 – July 11,
2018 (2 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 4)|
|12-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|17:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 5)|
|July 13, 2018 – July 14,
2018 (2 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 5)|
|15-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|17:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 6)|
|July 16, 2018 –July 17,
2018 (2 days)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 6) LAST ROUND FOR SEAT WITHDRAWAL|
|18-Jul-18||10:00||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|13:00||JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 (Round 7: FINAL ROUND)|
|July 19, 2018 (1 day for
July 19-23, 2018 (5 days
for NIT+ system)
|10:00 – 17:00||Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres/Admitting Institutes (Round 7)|
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates are expected to check their JoSAA cut off 2018 and eligibility criteria by JoSAA 2018 before registering for counselling and allocation of seats at IITs, NITs and other institutions. The candidates who have applied for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are eligible. Depending on their 12th result plus JEE result, their ranks will be declared.
JoSAA Registration 2018 Date
The Online JoSAA 2018 registration date and choice filling is from 15-06-2018 to 25-06-2018 05:00 PM. Applicants can fill in the form from the official website and JoSAA login – www.josaa.nic.in.
JoSAA Registration 2018 Procedure and Choice Filling
- All the candidates are expected to fill-in-their choices of institutes and branches in their decreasing order of preference. They are allowed to fill-in as many choices as possible.
- After filling-in of choices, candidates must ‘lock’ their choices. On occasions of not locking the option, their last saved choice will be taken as automatically locked choice no sooner the time-window for filling-in of choices closes.
- A candidate is expected to fill the option towards ‘freeze’ or ‘slide’ or ‘float’ towards the choice of academic program.
- JoSAA conducts seven rounds towards seat allocation for academic programs offered by the participating Institutes under JoSAA 2018.
JoSAA Mock Allotment 2018
The admission authorities conduct two rounds of mock seat allocation of JoSAA 2018 to see how the order of preference will affect the seat allocation of the candidates. The results of the mock allotment of JoSAA are released in the third week of June 2018 for candidates who have registered themselves by then. While; the second mock allotment seat allocation is published in the fourth week of June 2018 after the JoSAA registration 2018 process is completed. Candidates are expected to login on www.josaa.nic.in with their account to check the results of JoSAA mock allotment result. Any modification or rearrangements of choices are allowed after the conclusion of the mock seat allotment program.
JoSAA Rank List 2018
The JoSAA rank list 2018 is based on their JEE Main 2018 and JEE Advanced 2018 entrance exam performance. Based on the rank list, students who have qualified for JEE Main but not JEE Advanced, the rank list will be prepared from JEE Main exam and 12th regular performance. There are eight rank lists of JoSAA 2018 where candidates can find their names towards counselling and choice of filling in the program. You can view the rank list on www.josaa.nic.in
JoSAA Counselling 2018
In the third week of June 2018, the JoSAA Counselling 2018 will be conducted.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018
Right after the JoSAA Registration 2018 process is completed, the result of seat allotment for JoSAA will be declared in the fourth week of June 2018. Unregistered candidates will not be allocated any seats in the participating institutes.
- Candidates who have been qualified for JEE Main can seek admissions to NITs/IITs/GFTIs. Candidates who have been qualified for JEE Advances can seek admission for IITs.
- They must also get the documents verified at any of the reporting centres for provisional seat acceptance. To see the complete list of reporting centers, view www.josaa.nic.in or Click here.
- However, if through subsequent rounds, a candidate gets an allotment from NIIT + system to an IIT; it is the responsibility of the candidate that he MUST report once again to an IIT reporting centre and vice versa. The candidate’s seat will be forfeited in NIT +system and IIT on failure to report to the reporting centre.
- Also, a candidate who has already accepted a seat can avail the withdraw option before the seventh round. Thus, a candidate can withdraw the seat by reporting about it at a reporting centre up to the sixth round of seat allocation.
JoSAA 2018 – Candidate Categories
The JoSAA seat allotment 2018 is held online. The admissions to the participating institutes are made on the following factors-
Candidates are divided into different categories depending on their birth, nationality and disabilities. The category tags are as follows-
- GEN PwD
- OBC-NCL /PwD
- SC/SC PwD
- ST/ST PwD
The other category offered is the state of eligibility where the state from where the candidate has completed his or her 12th standard, without any NIT (states and Union territories) will be offered home state quota in the institutes as stated below-
- Home state quota for NITs
- Union territories candidates from Andaman and Nicobar territories will find home state quota for NITs at NIT Puducherry, while Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli get home state quota for NITs at NIT Goa. Candidates from Chandigarh get home state quota for NITs at NIT Delhi.
- The supernumerary seats for Union territories will be in the NITs as follows-
- Andaman and Nicobar islands- NIT Durgapur
- Lakshadweep- NIT Calicut
- Daman and Diu- NIT Surat
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli- NIT Surat
Steps to Download JoSAA 2018 Seat Allocation Letter
The candidates selected will have to download their provisional allotment letter that is released online. The option of freeze, slide or float must opt while reporting their documents for verification.
Candidates can follow the following steps to download the seat allocation letter of JoSAA 2018–
- The link to download the JoSAA seat allocation will be notified soon here as it gets released.
- All that a candidate is expected to do is submit their roll number and password.
- On JoSAA login, a provisional seat allotment letter is available.
- The provisional seat allotment letter must be printed for all the future use.
Payment of JoSAA 2018 Seat Allocation Acceptance Fee
Follow these steps to Complete your Seat Allocation Acceptance Fee : –
- Candidates will have to make a payment towards their seat allocation acceptance fee for JoSAA 2018. This payment can be made using e-challan/SBI/net banking. Candidates failing to pay the acceptance fee will be disqualified.
- The acceptance fee for General category is Rs. 45,000 while for SC/ST/Gen-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-PwD or ST-PwD is Rs. 20,000.
Find out detailed information about Education Loan Scheme by Narendra Modi – Vidya Lakshmi Portal.
Document Verification at Help Centers
There is a requirement of the physical report of the documents and selection of admission option to their nearest reporting centres. Candidates must carry all the documents in original as well as their photocopies for submission purpose. On submission, candidates can get the following options towards their admission selection-
- Freeze- under this option, a candidate can freeze his seat allocated and will not be able to participate in any of the further rounds of seat allocation.
- Float- Under this option, a candidate can accept his allocated seat with an option opened for admission for a better-preferred institute. Candidates can choose the higher preference or stay with, the earlier one. Here candidates are eligible for future rounds of allocation. (This option is open for only those candidates who have not been allotted as per their first preference).
- Slide- this option avails candidates to accept the allotted seat with an option to take admission in a higher preferred course in the same institute if available. The candidates are eligible for future rounds of allocation and are open for only those candidates who were not allotted their first preference of institute.
Alternatively, a candidate can reject the allocated seat if they haven’t paid the fees by not reporting at the Reporting Center. If the fees are paid, the same will be refunded without notifying it to the Reporting Centre.
After completion of the process of payment of seat allocation fee and verification of documents, the selected candidates will have to report at their allotted institute. For confirmation of admission, the candidates will be required to pay the balance fee.
JoSAA Reporting Centers 2018
There are 44 Reporting centres where candidates have to report to their respective Reporting centres as per their JoSAA cut off 2018 and eligibility. To know the centres, Click Here.
JoSAA 2018 Seat Matrix
JoSAA 2018 seat matrix aims at serving candidates solely based on their merit and award the merit with the seat that they deserve. It comprises the distribution of the seats and their allocation. The seat allocation for IITs will be done in 3 rounds; the last round will be for preparatory or remaining seats. NIITs, GFTIs and IITs will have four rounds of seat allocation. Out of the four rounds, the first three shall remain familiar with the IITs. The seat allocation depends upon the following factors.
- Category (Gen/OBC-NCL/SC/ST)tag of the candidate
- The ranking position of the candidate at the ranking list.
- The candidates make preference selection
- Seats availability and quota based
For more details Seat Matrix of JoSAA Seat Allotment 2018 Click here.
JoSAA – JEE Mains Counselling Complete Details
Cut Off for JEE Mains Counselling
As compared to JoSAA 2016 and JoSAA 2017, the cut off this year is high with using class 12th results and JEE Mains All India Ranks. Candidates who have obtained above the cut off marks will be shortlisted for JEE Mains counselling, and top 2, 24,000 rank holders can register for JEE Advanced from May 2, 2018. The cut off marks for all the categories are indicated on the scoreboard of candidates.
The JoSAA Cut off 2018 for the common rank list is 74, OBC-NCL is 45, SC is 29, ST is 24, and PwD is -35
JEE Mains Counselling
The counselling process is scheduled to start from the second week of June. The official notification for counselling will be published after the announcement of JEE Mains performance.
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria: Paper I (B.Tech) – JEE Mains Counselling
- To be eligible for candidates must secure above the JoSAA cut off 2018 rank in JEE Mains Paper 1.
- Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and one of the vocational subjects such as Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or Technical Vocational subject at their 12th standard or equivalent examination.
- For general category candidates, candidates must score 75% to avail admission in NIT, IIIT or GFTI. Candidates from OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD category must secure 65%.
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria: Paper II (B.Arch) – JEE Mains Counselling
- Candidate should qualify JEE Mains 2018 Part II.
- Mathematics should be the compulsory subject in 12th standard or any equivalent examination.
- For general category candidates, candidates must score aggregate 75% to avail admission in NIT, IIIT or GFTI. Candidates from OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD category must secure 65% in five subjects including Mathematics.