The health of a country’s population determines its quality and productivity. India has been bestowed with many medical centers and hospitals. However, it has been difficult for the poor sector of the population to get them treated at any of the private hospitals or public hospitals due to high fees and the high cost of medicines. The world’s most massive Government Funded Health Care Scheme, Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is also famously known as the Modi Care or NaMocare intends to serve a population of more than 50 crore beneficiaries that will help ten crores, poor families.
Important Details of ModiCare
Announcement date – 1 February 2018
Launch date – August 15, 2018 and 2nd October 2018
Announced By – Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
ModiCare (Ayushman Bharat Yojana) Contact Number – 1800-180-1104
Ayushman Bharat Yojana- For A Better Tomorrow
With an aim to provide increased access to quality medical treatment and health faculties, the Government of India has launched a new programme known as the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. It determines to provide timely treatments, job creation, improvements in the health of the overall population and simultaneously improvement in the productivity of the nation.
The scheme promises to give an insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year. The premium which is expected to be not more than Rs. 2000/- yearly will be borne by a combined effort from the Central Government and State Government in the ratio of 60% and 40%.
The ModiCare or NaMoCare is a combined scheme that incorporates two main programs under it, namely, Health and Wellness Centers Establishment and National Health Protection Scheme. However, it is the latter that is going to benefit the low-income families through this program.
For the implementation of this program, states should have SHA (State Health Agency). A beneficiary under this scheme can take cashless benefit across the country from any of the listed private and public hospitals.
The Aim Of ModiCare or NaMoCare
The primary objective of the scheme is to provide wellness to the low-income families by providing them with medical benefit and assistance. The Modicare scheme also intends to offer nearby medical centres so that patients do not waste time on travelling and timely help can be reached at the earliest.
The health and wellness centres will also provide free health check-ups regularly and supplying free essential medicines if the need be.
The low-income families and all those who are entitled under this scheme will be aided with all the secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation expenses. The cost per package will be defined by the Government to avoid the exploitation of usage of insurance money by the hospitals for unnecessary tests and surgeries. The same will be revised too on a regular basis.
Who Is Eligible For The Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- As per the deprivation criteria, as set in the SECC (Socio-Economic Caste Census) database, families will be entitled to reap the benefits of the same. There is no cap on the size or age of the family.
- Also, those households that live in a rural area with one room and having kutcha walls and roofs are eligible for it.
- Similarly, families having no adult member between the age of 16 to 59 or female-headed households with no male dominance between the same age group are eligible towards the program.
- The scheme also benefits those households with disabled members or no-able bodied adult member, landless families such as – households that do not have shelter, destitute living, manual scavengers are the way of earning a living, legally released bonded labour, primitive tribal groups, living on alms etc.
- For urban areas, 11 defined occupational categories make the population entitle to take the benefit of the same. The families that are into rag picking, begging, domestic working, cobblers to hawkers, construction site workers to plumbers, painters, security guards etc. are eligible under this scheme.
How To Apply For ModiCare?
It starts with the registration process. It is primarily an online procedure for smoothness in the functioning, data mining and efficiency. The registration begins from August 2018 where the Government intends to open a separate portal for online user registration, to know the application status, insurance claims and many other features will be available readily on that portal.
All that a beneficiary will need to do is to provide scanned copies of Aadhar card, Caste certificate and Income certificate. As of now the application form hasn’t been uploaded but is expected to do so soon.
Benefits Of The Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- The program includes all the pre and posts hospitalization expenses.
- A beneficiary can go cashless, paperless on his hospitalization expenses.
- The policy will cover all the pre-existing conditions right from day one of the policy.
- The beneficiary will also be granted a definite transport allowance.
- As per the Yojana, for every three Parliamentary constituencies, there will be one medical college and thus one Government Medical College for every state of India. This will benefit in giving every area a nearby hospital and colleges.
- The program will benefit nearly 40% of the population that consists of poor and the vulnerable.
- Through this scheme, the nation will benefit with quality health amongst the citizens of it and in turn benefit in the productivity.
This Ayushman Bharat Yojana or ModiCare promises to cover more than 100 million low-income families and the population at large. It is going to make a mark in the history of wellness and health schemes.